“The alarm goes off and the thoughts start pouring in….
- What do I have to do first thing this morning?
- Where do I need to be, when do I need to be there?
- How am I going to get everything done today?
- I have so much to do, I don’t know how I’m going to do it all
- I gotta take care of my kids, my significant other, my mom, my _____
- I better get going (ughhhh, mumble, grumble)
(or, you turn off your alarm and start scanning through your phone, looking at your calendar, your social media and all of your messages which you think is calming to your mind, but really it’s sending it into overload – put that damn thing down, and fight yourself to change that routine)
…then, it’s time to start rushing around.
Sound like your morning? We all have physical routines in the morning like brushing teeth, brewing coffee and making the bed..but today I want to help you with your MENTAL routine. What are you saying to yourself first thing in the morning? Is it helping you start your day off right?” Continued…